UNCASVILLE, CT – Amanda Zahui B scored the first basket and went on to lead all scorers with 20 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists in the New York Liberty’s loss to the Atlanta Dream in a preseason tournament hosted by the Connecticut Sun. Kia Nurse was second in scoring with 15 points and 4 assists.
Avery Warley-Talbert and Tiffany Bias scored 12 and 11 points, respectively. The Tuesday night matchup featured 9 lead changes and 8 ties.
New York will finish out the preseason on Sunday, May 19, against the Connecticut Sun at the Times Union Center in Albany, NY. The game will tip off at 2:30 p.m. ET.
- The Liberty shot 44.6% from the field, an improvement from yesterday’s 36.8% against the Sun.
- Zahui B led all scorers with 20 points and 8 rebounds, on 41.7% from the field and 90% (9-for-10) from the free throw line.
- Kia Nurse was the team’s second leading scorer with 15 points, shooting 40% (2-for-5) from the 3-point line and 90% (9-for-10) from the free throw line.
- Avery Warley-Talbert and Tiffany Bias scored 12 and 11 points off the bench.
- Tiffany Bias shot 75% from the 3-point line, hitting 3-4.
- Liberty started Kia Nurse, Brittany Boyd, Rebecca Allen, Tina Charles and Amanda Zauhi B.
- New York led by as much as 15 points during the game.
- Han Xu scored 4 points in 10 minutes off the bench. She was 2-for-2 from the floor.
- Despite playing just 6 minutes, Tina Charles had a team-high plus/minus of 7.
- The Dream’s Nia Coffey led all Dream scorers with 18 points
- Tiffany Hayes shot 71.4% (5-7) from the field for 16 points on the night.
- Brittney Sykes and Lynetta Kizer also scored in double figures.